Baklava ice cream in phyllo cups with candied nuts
January 21, 2019
How yummy does this baklava ice cream topped with Squirrels nuts dessert look?
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 6 sheets Or fillo factory phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup Squirrels cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup Squirrels pecan nuts
- 1/2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tub Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush a 12-cup muffin pan with softened butter and set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface and lightly brush with melted butter using a pastry brush. Repeat with 5 more sheets of phyllo, laying each on top of the other and brushing with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the phyllo stack into 12 equal squares.
- Carefully press the phyllo squares into each buttered muffin cup, creating a ruffled phyllo cup (it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Bake until the phyllo cups are crisp and deep golden in color for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them towards the end to ensure they don’t burn.
- Immediately pour the cooled syrup on top of each hot phyllo cup. Allow the cups to soak the syrup and cool until slightly warm.
- Gently hold each cup upside down to allow any excess syrup to drip.
- Transfer the phyllo cups to a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Let the phyllo cups cool completely.
- Place a scoop of ice cream into the cooled cups and top with candied nuts*. Drizzle with honey if desired